Saudi Arabia royalty reportedly gifting Rolls Royce to football players for defeating Argentina
KUALA LUMPUR — Afer winning their group match against football giant Argentina at the World Cup in Qatar on Tuesday, all players of the Saudi Arabia team will reportedly be rewarded with a Rolls Royce.
According to Yahoo News, the reward is courtesy of Saudi Arabian Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, who will be gifting them a Rolls Royce Phantom each.
The Saudi team came from behind to beat Argentina 2-1 in what some are calling the biggest upset in Fifa World Cup history.
After the win, Saudi Arabia's King Salman declared a public holiday in the country to mark the national team’s spectacular performance.
The team now tops Group C with three points. They will next meet Poland on Saturday.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.