ST MARY, Jamaica— Detectives assigned to the St Mary Police division arrested and charged a 17- year-old boy with the murder of a man at a plaza on Main Street, Highgate in the parish on Thursday, March 16.
Dead is 55-year-old Leopold Graham, otherwise called ‘Gary’ or ‘Pata Cat’, a labourer of Hibiscus Avenue in Highgate, St Mary.
Reports are that about 6:30 am, a dispute developed between Graham and the teen, during which Graham used a piece of board to hit him. The teen subsequently used a knife to stab Graham. The police were alerted and Graham was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
An investigation was launched and the teen was arrested and later charged on Friday, March 17, following a question and answer session in the presence of his attorney.
His court date has not been finalised.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.