Dancehall artiste Tommy Lee Sparta has been released from prison, OBSERVER ONLINE has been reliably informed.
It is understood that the artiste, whose real name is Leroy Russell, was released from the Horizon Remand Centre in Kingston about 11am on Thursday.
He was released early for good behaviour, a source close to the artiste told OBSERVER ONLINE.
In March 2021, Tommy Lee was sentenced to three years in prison after being convicted for illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition.
READ: Tommy Lee Sparta sentenced to 3 years in prison
The entertainer had been arrested on December 14, 2020 after a vehicle in which he was travelling was intercepted by members of the Jamaica Constabulary Force’s Specialised Operations.
Start your day off right. Sign up for the Observer's free Morning Bites newsletter to stay up-to-date with the news.
The men in the vehicle were searched and a 9mm Glock pistol with an extended magazine containing 18 rounds of ammunition was found in the dancehall artiste’s waistband.
Tommy Lee pleaded guilty to the charges.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.