KINGSTON, Jamaica— Three people, who were shot and killed on Upper King Street in the vicinity of Heroes Circle in Kingston on Thursday evening, have been identified.
They are: 21-year-old Tattiana Brown of West Street, and 22-year-old Deanna Green of Law Street in the parish. The third person is 37-year-old Devroy Peart of Mitchell Drive in Portmore, St Catherine.
Reports from the Central Police are that about 10:40 pm, the deceased were travelling in a Honda Civic motorcar when they were intercepted by men in another vehicle.
READ: WATCH: Two women, taxi man shot dead in Kingston
OBSERVER ONLINE understands that the women were on their way to get their make-up done ahead of a party. It is believed that they were trailed by unknown assailants.
As the women attempted to exit the Honda Civic, gunmen alighted from the other vehicle and opened gunfire hitting all three occupants of the vehicle with bullets.
The police were summoned and all three people were seen with multiple gunshot wounds.
They were taken to hospital where they were pronounced dead.
Investigations are ongoing.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.