WATCH: Two women, taxi man shot dead in Kingston
KINGSTON, Jamaica – Two women were among three people killed on Upper King Street in the vicinity of Heroes Circle in Kingston late Thursday. The other victim was a male taxi driver.
OBSERVER ONLINE understands that the women were travelling in the taxi to get their make-ups done ahead of a party, when it is believed that they were trailed by unknown assailants in another vehicle.
As the females attempted to exit the taxi, gunmen alighted from the other vehicle and opened gunfire hitting all three occupants of the cab with bullets, killing them on the spot.
The Kingston Central police and members of the Major Investigation Division are now processing the scene.
This is a developing story, check back for updates.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.