A tree for the bees
Franklin Witter (left), minister of state in the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, assists Kivette Silvera, co-executive officer, Food For the Poor, with the planting of a june plum tree during the World Bee Day ceremony last Friday at the ministry’s Hope Gardens Complex.
At centre is Locksley Waite, agronomist, fruit tree crop, Rural Agricultural Development Authority.
The planting of fruit trees is a deliberate move to increase natural food sources for honey bees.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.