The Eternal Fathers Awards (EFAs) held its maiden media launch Thursday last at the Audi Showroom on Oxford Road.
Established in 2022 by TV presenter Anna Smith, the EFAs is an annual grand occasion aimed at reshaping the generally negative perception of Jamaican fathers. The event aspires to showcase inspiring stories of exemplary male parenting in Jamaica, which will in turn influence the next generation of fathers.
The by-invitation-only event featured the unveiling of a life-size replica of the Aabé (Swahili word for father) trophy; which will be presented to the Fathers of the Year from eight categories — Marcus Garvey Award for Community Leadership/The Community Hero; Sam Sharpe Award for Exemplary Fathers of Children with a Disability; Sam Sharpe Award for Exemplary Fathers with a Disability; Paul Bogle Award for Mentorship/Development of Young Men; Ashley Smith Award for Religious Service; Best Fatherhood Moment Captured by Photograph; Best Fatherhood Moment Captured on Video; Parish Champion Father — and a performance by reggae singer Duane Stephenson. Alhambra Inn provided tasty bites while Old Tavern introduced guests to its wine portfolio. Audi Jamaica was the evening's presenting sponsor.
Page 2 rolls out more highlights of the event and reminds readers to Save The Date, Sunday, June 18, 2023, for the gala/awards ceremony to be held at the AC Hotel Kingston.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.