Suspect in Danielle Rowe’s murder to face ID parade
THE female suspect nabbed in connection to the abduction and murder of eight-year-old Danielle Rowe is to face an identification (ID) parade shortly, the police have revealed.
The arrest of the woman about a week and a half ago was the first major breakthrough in the case, two months after Danielle’s slaying.
Deputy commissioner of police (DCP) in charge of crime and security Fitz Bailey told the Jamaica Observer on Wednesday that she is scheduled to be placed before an ID parade on, or before, Friday of this week.
DCP Bailey said that following her arrest the woman was remanded into custody by the court for 10 days, and several investigative leads were actioned.
“The investigation continues. There are other lines of enquiries that are being pursued,” he said.
DCP Bailey had previously announced that the woman was picked up in the Corporate Area on Friday, August 11 at about 2:30 pm.
On June 8 Danielle was abducted after leaving Braeton Primary School in Portmore, St Catherine. She was later found on Roosevelt Avenue in St Andrew with her throat slashed. She died at Bustamante Hospital for Children two days after the ordeal.
Speaking to the Observer on the day of the suspect’s arrest, DCP Bailey noted that Danielle’s murder, which has “touched the nerve” of Jamaicans, including members of the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF), has been given the highest priority, stressing that every possible angle is being looked at and every lead is being pursued.
The deputy police commissioner, at the same time, implored citizens to provide any information they have that they think can further assist with the investigation.
Danielle was laid to rest on July 23.