While most of the major entertainment activities are usually concentrated within the Kingston Metropolitan Area, the promoters of the popular retro party series Mello Vibes have decided to spread their wings to western Jamaica.
"We had two stagings last year in Montego Bay and we are looking forward to more this year based on the excellent reception from the second city," promoter Omar Perrin shared.
This Saturday night, party fans are in for a treat as there will be a double staging of Mello Vibes, one in Kingston at the Mas Camp and another at Pier 1 in Montego Bay.
Said Perrin, "We are always looking for new and exciting offerings for our patrons, so we decided to try something that's never been done locally and do two cities, one night," said Perrin.
He added that patrons can expect non-stop dancing and great vibes at both events.
"Patrons can expect the usual Mello vibe. Non-stop dancing, hits after hits, drink specials, and just guaranteed fun all night."
For the Kingston leg, DJs Liquid, Smoke and Smurf will be tasked to keep patrons in a party mood, while unveiling the hits of yesteryear.
Meanwhile, over in Montego Bay, Nico Bam Bam, DJ Krazy Kris, and DJ Theron are scheduled to unleash their catalog of hit songs.
Asked what keeps patrons coming to the event after more than 15 years, Perrin said, "Mello Vibes has been kept flowing from the energy of our patrons and our desire to execute an event that brings fun and a way for our patrons to release their stress even for one night."
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.