Macka Diamond is hailing her set at Alkaline's New Rules Festival as her best moment in 2022. That show was held at the National Stadium in St Andrew on July 2, 2022.
"Just imagine going on Alkaline's show as a mongrel and coming out as a fully grown pedigree? That's what led to a series of shows for the rest of the year. I kept telling myself that I was going to the show to create a big impact and I did this and more. Within minutes of my performance, social media was buzzing like a bee," she told the Jamaica Observer.
It was a year which started out with Macka Diamond's Sweet Sixteen Birthday Tour which saw her performing in several US states, including New York, Connecticut, and North Carolina.
"My Africa tour was great. Africa is very dear to my heart because this is the land of my forefathers. And, it reminds us of Nelson Mandela who fought in ending discrimination against blacks in South Africa," she said.
For 2023, Macka Diamond will kick off her Sweet Sixteen Birthday Tour with performances in New York.
"I will be doing four performance then head off to Canada for the end of my tour February 4, 2023. I will also be promoting my latest songs Dream Body, Katchie featuring Razor B, Honor Roll, and Big Woman Choppa.
"Expect the release of an EP and lots more local shows as my fans are just hungry to seemed in action," she added.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.