DANCEHALL deejay Macka Diamond is doubling down and says she will continue posting sexually suggestive videos to her Only Fans account, despite the fact that one of them made it to the public domain.
"For everybody's information, Macka is going to keep posting more and more videos...I didn't put it out [in the public domain]. That's for sure. And, I also believe none of the members in my fan page group put it out either," she told the Jamaica Observer's Splash on Thursday.
In the video clip doing the rounds on social media, Macka Diamond is seen partially exposed and caressing her breasts. In June, a similar video made it to the public space. The female dancehall deejay feels the circulation of the videos at this time is an effort by her detractors to bring her career to a halt.
"Mi waan know a who a circulate that video? Somebody a try use it against mi career. Is yesterday [Wednesday] morning mi see it," she said.
"If the reason is to embarrass Macka Diamond they surely will come out the loser. This will only boost my subscription [on Only Fans] and Macka will be making more money in the long run. In fact, I am about to raise my subscription from US$10 to US$50," she continued.
The 51-year-old is of the view that when she recently took her phone to have the videos transferred to another device the leak took place.
"What I am thinking is that when I recently changed my old phone that had the video in question, someone at the phone store downloaded all my old stuff to the new phone, saw the video and decided to circulate it on social media," she said. Macka Diamond, however, declined to say if legal action would be taken against the phone store.
Launched in 2016, onlyfans.com is a content subscription service out of London. It is popular in the adult entertainment industry and content creators can earn money from users who subscribe to their content.
Entertainers D'Angel and Ishawna are members of the subscription-based site.
In 2020, D'Angel issued a cease-and-desist warning, through her attorneys, to people who were removing her images from the platform and circulating them publicly.
Macka said she joined in 2020 during the height of the pandemic.
"For two long years, when there were no shows for Macka and other female artistes to earn, how do you think we ate food? We had time on our hands so we had to keep our fans entertained. We do so many amusing stuff for our fan group and when we look back, we laugh at ourselves," she said.
"I have to keep up with my postings and if I don't, the site will send a message to tell you how long since I posted. But, I don't have a specific time to post. I may choose to post twice for a week and then only once the other week; it depends on the amount of material I have," she continued.
The mom of one said her son would not be embarrassed by the video.
"Is one child I have. He is 22 years old. That's a big man, so whatever is on the video him see that many, many times," she added.
Macka Diamond's given name is Charmaine Munroe. She grew up in Portmore, St Catherine. She is known for songs including Dye Dye, Hoola Hoop, Cow Foot, and Bun Him, which features Blacker.
Her latest project is Woman Chopper, produced by Glow Records/British Link and released a month ago.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.