Twenty-two years ago, the Buzz rhythm was the rage, spewing hits after hits with songs such as ‘Haters’ by Elephant Man, ‘Pump Har’ Up by Sizzla, ‘Toy Friend’ by Beenie Man and Sean Paul's American crossover hit ‘Gimmi Di Light’.
The rhythm recently received a new lease on life with singer HoodCelebrityy’s ‘‘I’m Back’, produced by Troyton Rami of Black Shadow Records, featured on it.
Rami shared how the collaboration came about.
“Me and HoodCelebrityy made the connection through Instagram she hit me up and we started vibing and working from there,” Rami disclosed.
‘I’m Back’ was released last month.
“The feedback to the song been amazing, everyone’s loving it, the whole energy and vibe that Hood Celebrityy brings back to the rhythm. It’s not easy for anyone to go on these rhythms and bring back that old school vibe like she did. The I’m Back challenge that she created on social people got the people in a frenzy right now which has been great,” said Rami.
HoodCelebrityy, whose real name is Tina Pinnock , explained why she decided to record on the popular beat.
“I decided to record a song on the Buzz rhythm because it’s a classic I feel you just can’t go wrong with. The Buzz rhythm, once you hear it you instantly want to dance, the rhythm just have a happy vibes.”
She added, “I got involved with the project I was just writing an a vibe beats pon YouTube an old school beat and I hit my DJ when I came back across the beat like yooo them old school riddim yah me affi bring them back. And I wrote the song to it. And hit up Troyton immediately on Instagram and we just locked in from there.”
She was excited about working with Troyton.
“Honestly it was amazing working with Troyton especially for someone like me I’m very picky with who I give my energy to but the man just so humble with good energy and full a vibes,” said HoodCelebrityy.
HoodCelebrityy, who is originally from Portmore in St Catherine, moved to New York City in her late teens. Her biggest hit to date is ‘Walking Trophy’, which made it to number 22 on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart in 2017.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.