Man dies in motor vehicle collision in Hanover
HANOVER, Jamaica – A man succumbed to injuries he received in a motor vehicle collision in Hanover on Saturday.
He has been identified as 59-year-old George Kellier, a labourer of Prospect district, Green Island in the parish.
Reports are that about 4:10 pm, Kellier was operating his motorcycle along the Industry Cove main road, while the driver of a Voxy motorcar, who was heading to Negril, Westmoreland in the opposite direction, overtook a lane of traffic and collided with Kellier.
Kellier died on the spot.
The police were alerted and the scene processed.
Kellier’s body was moved to the morgue for post-mortem.
Investigations are ongoing.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.