Orane, Fraser-Pryce honoured by American Friends of Jamaica
The ballroom of the InterContinental Miami on Biscayne Bay, Florida, was suitably filled to capacity Saturday night as the Wendy Hart-led American Friends of Jamaica (AFJ) drew out the creme de la creme of Jamaicans in Miami for its Jamaica Charity Gala honouring Douglas Orane, the celebrated former chairman of GraceKennedy, and sprint heroine Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce. The two outstanding Jamaicans received the AFJ's International Humanitarian Award. Here are some highlights of the evening:
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.