THE Ministry of Labour and Social Security (MLSS) is proud to announce a significant milestone achieved by its social intervention initiative, the Programme of Advancement Through Health and Education (PATH).
PATH has successfully enrolled 148,692 students, marking a groundbreaking achievement to assist the most vulnerable Jamaican families.
Recent statistics indicate that 78,790 boys now account for 53 per cent of the student population registered on PATH, while 69,902 girls comprise the remaining 47 per cent. This significant milestone not only signifies the growing inclusivity of PATH but also underscores the programme's pivotal role in helping boys remain engaged in school, giving them a greater opportunity to complete their educational studies.
Labour and Social Security Minister Pearnel Charles Jr expressed his enthusiasm for these new enrolment numbers.
"These new enrolment numbers highlight the impact of PATH in addressing educational disparities and ensuring that every child, regardless of their gender, has the opportunity to thrive in school. Investing in our youth is an investment in the future prosperity of Jamaica. Educational equality is a fundamental cornerstone of PATH's mission."
The MLSS recognises that providing access to education for all children, irrespective of their backgrounds, is essential for a thriving and prosperous country. By enrolling a record number of students, including a substantial proportion of boys, PATH is taking significant steps toward levelling the playing field and creating a brighter future for Jamaica.
Further, the MLSS said it remains steadfast in assisting Jamaican families through social services, ensuring no one is left behind. Families needing PATH assistance are encouraged to visit the Ministry of Labour and Social Security parish office.