On Saturday, while the 149th Kentucky Derby, held at Churchill Downs, Louisville, wrapped the week of events with its Kentucky Derby Races, presented by Woodford Reserve — known as the Greatest Two Minutes in Sports —the American Women's Group of Jamaica (AWG) hosted its very own watch party and fashion show, dubbed 'Fashionable Derby'.
The event, which took place at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel poolside and effortlessly curated by Tai Flora, formed part of the philanthropic efforts of the AWG to raise funds for scholarships and charities. Naturally, the attendees included members of the AWG, Kentucky Derby fans, business heads, diplomats and fashion enthusiasts, who didn't miss the opportunity to don their finest Derby ensembles.
Opening the runway segment was Keneea Linton Designs x Locale, which showcased a black, white and yellow collection featuring chevron prints, organza and chiffon. The collection represented an elaborate take on 'Fashion at the Kentucky Derby'.
Page 2 The Style Issue gives you a glimpse.
Photographer: Naphtali Junior
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.