The University of The West Indies Toronto Benefit Awards returned for the 2022 edition in spectacular form on Saturday, June 25 at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto, Canada.
The annual hot-ticket, fund-raising affair — disrupted like everything else over the past two years as a result of the novel coronavirus pandemic — was established in 2010 under the patronage of the late G Raymond Chang and continued under the patronage of his wife Dr Donette Chin-Loy Chang, children Andrew and Brigette Chang, and honorary patron Dr Wesley J Hall.
The highly anticipated soirée brings together corporate, public and individual supporters for an inspiring evening of giving, sharing and celebrating, and it has earned its place on the Toronto social calendar.
Under the theme 'One Caribbean... Global Impact', the gala supports a scholarship fund for outstanding academic achievers in the region, helping them to realise their fullest potential. It is too, an opportunity to spotlight those who continue to shine a light of hope for the next generation.
Scotiabank has been the lead chair and sponsor for the last 13 years in support of the cause.
SO takes you inside the swanky affair where giving back was top-of-mind
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.