Seven inmates escape from Oracabessa Police Station
ST MARY, Jamaica – A manhunt is now underway to recapture the seven inmates who escaped from the Oracabessa Police Station in St Mary. The inmates were discovered missing during a routine cell check early Thursday morning.
Preliminary reports suggest that the inmates orchestrated their escape by cutting through a ventilation grille.
According to the police, the escapees were detained for serious offences, including murder and aggravated robbery.
– Twenty-four-year-old Tray Walker of Claremont, St Ann, who was charged with rape.
– Twenty-five-year-old Jahmala Vernon of Boscobel, St Mary, who was charged with robbery.
– Twenty-two-year-old Phillip Williams of Belfield, St Mary, who was charged with shooting with intent.
– Twenty-two-year-old Linton Bailey of Jacks River, St Mary, who was charged with shooting.
– Twenty-six-year-old Lashawn Davidson of Jacks River St Mary, who was charged with shooting.
– Twenty-one-year-old Nolando Akenson of Pimento Walk, St Ann, and Boscobel, St Mary, who was charged with robbery.
– Twenty-eight-year-old Gaveen Hurd of Stony Hill, St Andrew, and Enfield, St Mary, who was charged with murder.
Anyone with information that can assist in locating them is being asked to contact the Oracabessa Police at 726-0698, Crime Stop at 311, the JCF tip line at 811, or the nearest police station.