KINGSTON, Jamaica— Beryllium Limited says they are cooperating with police investigation following the gun attack on security guards assigned to the company on Sunday afternoon at the Scotiabank branch located on Braeton Parkway in Portmore, St Catherine.
The security guards, who were shot and injured, were in the process of servicing the automated teller machines at the bank when they came under heavy fire from gunmen who robbed them of an undetermined sum of cash.
UPDATE: Security guards shot in ATM robbery in Portmore; cops seize vehicles
“Beryllium Limited is aware that one of its vehicles and the crew came under heavy attack at Scotiabank, Cookson Pen Branch, Portmore, St Catherine today. The driver and three crew members were shot and injured. We are cooperating with the police in their investigations. Our sincere thoughts and prayers are with the crew and their family at this time,” Beryllium said in a statement.
The company added that it will be assessing its operations islandwide following the incident, which may result in delays in the delivery of services.
This is the second of such incidents on Beryllium security guards occurring in Portmore in less than a month with the first taking place, a stone’s throw away at the Jamaica National ATM at the Portmore Pines Plaza.
READ: Security guard shot dead as robbers escape with $10 million
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.