Man gunned down off Whitehall Avenue
A man was gunned down on Ward Close, off Whitehall Avenue in St Andrew on Friday afternoon.
The deceased has been identified as Akeem Malcolm.
Reports reaching OBSERVER ONLINE indicate that about 3:20pm, residents heard explosions and alerted the police.
Upon the arrival of the police, Malcolm was seen in a helmet lying face down in a pool of blood and suffering from gunshot wounds.
He was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
READ: Man shot dead on 100 Lane
The incident occurred just hours after a fatal shooting earlier in the afternoon on 100 Lane, which like Whitehall is off Red Hills Road.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.